Search

MFIR RADIO MEDIA

#1 SITE FOR MUSIC & NEWS ACROSS THE WORLD

Month

March 2014

Rihanna and Drake’s Whirlwind Week in Europe: Exclusive Details on Their Latest Night Together in England!

RIhanna, DrakeAKM-GSI

Not only are Drake and Rihanna “just friends” (ahem), but they also appear to be great traveling buddies.

The duo have made numerous appearances together throughout the globe in the past week alone, with their last outing being at the Zouk Restaurant and Bar Friday night in Manchester, England, where they hung out until 3:30 a.m.

“They were with a total of 16 people, including bodyguards and assistants,” a source tells E! News. “They were really enjoying themselves…The bill was about $6,000 to $7,000. We closed the entire restaurant for them.”

The insider adds, “They enjoyed the food and even had a dance party. They were all dancing,” and noted that they were able to listen to Drake’s new and unreleased album (lucky!).

WATCH: Drake covers Rihanna’s “Stay” in Belgium

RihannaXposure/AKM-GSI

RiRi was spotted wearing unusually baggy attire (no cleavage or anything!) and covered head-to-toe while arriving at the Manchester airport before her rendezvous with Drizzy tonight.

Prior to partying Zouk, the pair was seen getting “very cozy” while knocking down pins at a bowling alley in the U.K. “Drake and Rihanna spent a late night Tuesday, early morning Wednesday at All Star Lanes following his show at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester,” an eyewitness told E! News.

“They arrived pretty late and didn’t leave until 4 a.m. Rihanna had visited the venue last year after her show in Manchester and clearly enjoyed it because she came back!”

But that’s not all! Rihanna has been following Drake all over Europe while he’s on his current tour. Last Thursday, the “Take Care” collaborators wined and dined at a sushi restaurant in Amsterdam. And on Saturday night, they grabbed dinner together in London.

Drizzy’s next concert is scheduled at The SSE Hydro on Saturday in Glasgow, U.K. Soooo, guess we’ll see Rihanna there?

—Reporting by Andrea Martinez

Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 2: Kenya Moore Has Fake Boyfriend on RHOA?

Kenya Moore arrives at the BET Awards at the Nokia Theatre on Sunday, June 30, 2013, in Los Angeles. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

Kenya Moore is stretching reality television to the limit by hiring fake boyfriends and not even living in Atlanta anymore, a new report says.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta (RHOA) star claims on the Bravo show that she is dating an “African prince,” but no one has seen him on the show or in real life.

The Daily Mail reports that the most likely candidate is Nigerian pop star D’Banj. Moore is accused of drawing up an agreement with the singer, saying she’ll pay him $40,000 if he poses as her boyfriend to provide an interesting storyline for the upcoming reunion show.

And Walter Jackson, who claims that he was asked by Moore to pose as her “love interest” in the first season, says that Moore actually has very little money despite driving around luxury vehicles.

Jackson claims that Moore doesn’t even live in Atlanta anymore.

“Kenya’s a great actress, you have to give her that,” Jackson told the Mail.

The charade blew up when Jackson found out on camera that she was telling fellow RHOA stars that she and him were going to get married and have children.

“She’s very good entertainment and the viewers want to tune in and watch what she’s going to do or say next, but nothing you see is real, I mean come on, does anyone actually believe what she says anymore? It’s been almost two years on the show now, people must know what she’s like. She talks about an African boyfriend, but nobody on the set or in the cast says they have ever seen him. I am still close friends with a lot of the stars on the show and it has become a bit of a joke, no one believes he is actually real.”

Moore and D’Banj have on social media websites laughed about their alleged financial arrangement.

“Hey @iamdbanj I would have paid u at least $40,000.99! Lol these ppl are so crazy,” she said last month via Twitter.

He replied: “C’mon baby,u know it won’t cost you a thing,I’m from a land flowing with Oil and honey and u are an angel I would do gladly do it FOC lol!!!.”

George Zimmerman has not been found dead after killing himself accidentally, but a viral fake news report is saying that he’s dead

George Zimmerman, acquitted in the high-profile killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, listens in court, in Sanford, Fla., during his hearing on charges including aggravated assault stemming from a fight with his girlfriend. The charges were later dropped. (AP Photo/Orlando Sentinel, Joe Burbank, Pool, File)

 

George Zimmerman has not been found dead after killing himself accidentally, but a viral fake news report is saying that he’s dead.

Cream Bmp Daily, a satire website that publishes only fake news, said Zimmerman was found dead.

“911 first responders found George Zimmerman’s lifeless body at a Florida gun range after responding to an emergency call that he shot himself while loading his weapon,” the hoax reads. “An Orlando sheriff admits he doesn’t plan to fully investigate for foul play as they don’t want to waste tax money on a death that was going to happen one way or another,” the article continues.

Cream Bmp has a disclaimer saying it’s “satire.”

“CreamBmp.com Written by comedian CREAM. This website is comprised of satire and parody of current news and urban culture. For entertainment purposes only,” the disclaimer reads.

The article about Zimmerman had thousands of shares on Facebook as of Tuesday. Some users on the social media websites apparently believed the story about his death.

“George Zimmerman accidentally shot himself dead.? Lmao,” one person said on Twitter, attributing the fake death to “karma.”

“So George Zimmerman was found dead,” wrote one user. Another shot back on Twitter: “Somebody lied to you.”

Zimmerman over the weekend appeared at a gun show in Orlando and signed autographs, TMZ reported.

Several weeks ago, the 30-year-old former neighborhood watch volunteer said that he’s homeless and suffering from PTSD, according to an interview he gave with Spanish-language broadcaster Univision.

Zimmerman was acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin last year, which sparked outrage.

“He (Martin) saw my gun and told me he would kill me, and I knew he was telling the truth. I mean, was not playing,” he said, according to Univision. ”I asked him to stop …. And the young man did not care. Continued attacking … I knew he would not stop even though I knew that someone had seen (the fight) and the police are coming. He did not care.”

New Music from Hit Man – The Hope ft LV The Voice

New Music from

@homicidehitman & @iamlvthevoice

 

At least 7 confirmed dead, several still missing as rescuers continue search for survivors after massive gas explosion levels two buildings

The death toll from the East Harlem explosion rose to 7 Thursday as workers continued the grim work of searching through the wreckage. 

The body was found at 7:12 a.m. in the rubble of two five-story buildings on Park Ave., an NYPD spokesman said. Police had not yet identified the body. 

Previously, authorities had said four women and two men had died in the explosion that also left more than 50 injured. 

The blast at 9:31 a.m. Wednesday occurred with barely any warning — Con Edison had received a complaint of an odor of gas in the area only 18 minutes before the buildings were leveled.

“I can only imagine knowing that at any moment you might find a body, how difficult that is,” de Blasio said. “I admire the work you guys do. I really do. It’s not easy. Thank God you do.”

Firefighters remove a body of one of the victims buried under the rubble.

ANTHONY DELMUNDO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Firefighters remove a body of one of the victims buried under the rubble.

PHOTOS: TWO BUILDINGS COLLAPSE FOLLOWING DEADLY GAS EXPLOSION IN HARLEM

Firehoses continued to douse the site, parts of which were still smoldering.

Fire Chief of Department Edward Kilduff told the de Blasio and Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito that about one floor of debris remained.

“Our biggest concern now is the free-standing wall in the back. That was a little more solid last night, but it burned overnight,” said Kilduff.

RELATED: ELDERLY WOMAN DIES IN CHELSEA HIGH-RISE FIRE 

“You have to protect your guys,” de Blasio replied.

Previously, authorities had said four women and two men had died. 

Smoke from the site of the explosion still lingered nearly 24 hours after the blast.

MARK LENNIHAN/AP

Smoke from the site of the explosion still lingered nearly 24 hours after the blast.

Three were identified as Griselde  Camacho, 44, Carmen Tanco, 67, and Rosaura Hernandez-Barrios, 21.

 

 

 
 

A woman frantically trying to reach a family member; victims being transported on stretchers; crews work on putting out the fire.

 

 Five people remain unaccounted for, according to a police spokesman.

“It’s difficult for something like this to happen in your neighborhood, it hurts your heart. You look around and you just see sad, sad, sad,” said Jose Rivera, 50, who works in Manhattan criminal court and lives nearby on East 117th St. 

“These people live so close to you everyday…and to see this, it’s just hard.”

RELATED: 2 BUILDINGS COLLAPSE, 6 DEAD AFTER MASSIVE EXPLOSION IN EAST HARLEM

The Daily News tallied 54 injured from the explosion at area hospitals.

People on their morning commutes near the blast site wore dust masks.

MARK LENNIHAN/AP

People on their morning commutes near the blast site wore dust masks.

At Mt. Sinai 19 of the 26 patients treated there had been discharged. The most seriously hurt victim there, a woman with head trauma, remains in critical condition, according to a spokeswoman. 

Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-Harlem) also stopped by the site, hailing the work of first responders as “absolutely terrific.”

RELATED: THE CITY, CRUMBLING BENEATH OUR FEET

“The community has opened up their hearts,” he said as many passersby on their morning commutes wore dust masks.

“The people who are alive are thanking God they’re alive.”

Shortly after the explosion Rangel called it the community’s “9/11,” which drew some criticism.

RELATED: ALL TOO SUDDEN DEATH

Firefighters raced to dig through the rubble and battle lingering fires in the wake of the massive explosion.

JAMES KEIVOM/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Firefighters raced to dig through the rubble and battle lingering fires in the wake of the massive explosion.

“Some people didn’t think so but that was the first thing I thought,” he said.

The blast at 9:31 a.m. Wednesday occurred with barely any warning — Con Edison had received a complaint of an odor of gas in the area only 18 minutes before the buildings were leveled.

Authorities said 250 firefighters fought the five-alarm blaze.

 

 
 

 

Hundreds of firefighters remained there  working overnight, using a massive claw to lift wreckage and sift through debris as heavy smoke continued to waft down E. 116th St.

Cadaver dogs nosed around the rubble. An idling medical examiner’s van awaited more tragic cargo.

Metro-North trains, which had been suspended following the explosion, rumbled by the wreckage.

Odalys Sanchez, 14, said her mother, Lorena Sanchez, who works in a coffee cart on Lexington Ave. and E. 116 St. hated  seeing her customers in distress.

“My mom was sad today. She felt the cart shake during the explosion,” Sanchez said. 

“Some of her customers lived there, she saw them taken away on stretchers on the news.”

With Rocco Parascandola, Irving DeJohn, Thomas Tracy and Barry Paddock

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/uptown/death-toll-rises-7-east-harlem-explosion-article-1.1720134#ixzz2vrANpuDr

 

 

 

Read more: This is a link to www.nydailynews.com/new-york/uptown/death-toll-rises-7-east-harlem-explosion-article-1.1720134#ixzz2vqN6jZpr

Read more: http://www.wbls.com/news/2014/03/13/at-least-7-confirmed-dead-several-still-missing-as-rescuers-continue-search-for-survivors-after-massive-gas-explosion-levels-two-buildings#ixzz2vrABEJqm

A wrongfully convicted Louisiana man on death row is released from prison after 30 years, may receive major payout

 

A wrongfully convicted Louisiana man on death row is released from prison after 30 years, may receive major payout

If You Don’t Know! News & Politics Roundup: President Obama Expands Overtime Pay To Millions…AND MORE!

Obama Designates Point Arena-Stornetta A National Monument

 

With minimum wage close to an all-time low, President Obama is looking to expand overtime pay to more businesses. Obama will head the Labor Department in revamping its program to include fast-food managers, loan officers, and computer technicians to qualify for overtime pay. [NY Times

Glenn Ford, a Louisiana man who was wrongly convicted of murder in the ’80s was exonerated and released due to unsubstantial evidence. Ford is one of the longest-serving death row inmates in American history to be exonerated by the government. Ford served over 30 years in jail for the murder of Isadore Rozeman, a man he did occasional yard work for. Under Louisiana law, Ford may receive a major payout for the unjust conviction – wrongly convicted inmates can get $25,000 per year of wrongful incarceration up to a maximum of $250,000, and another $80,000 for loss of “life opportunities.” [CBS News

Joel Osteen needs a prayer right now. The televangelist’s church was robbed of over $600,000 in cash, checks and credit card information over the weekend. The money and information were taken from a safe kept at the Lakewood Church. Police are ruling out a data breach and mentioned that the funds were fully insured. [Reuters

The numbers are slowly growing for Obamacare. With one month to go for enrollment, Obamacare has reached the 4.2 million mark in the past month. Officials are hoping that the numbers will continue to grow as the deadline quickly approaches on March 31. Perhaps we can thank this hilarious video for the huge spike. [Think Progress

PHOTO CREDIT: Getty

I’m The Boss! Beyonce, Condoleezza Rice & More Team Up To ‘Ban Bossy’ With Women’s Empowerment Campaign (VIDEO)

)

Just in time for Women’s History Month, some of the most powerful women in entertainment and politics are coming together to encourage leadership in young women.

The Girl Scouts of America, along with LeanIn.org and The Lifetime Network have launched the campaign ‘Ban Bossy’ to end name calling with little girls and promote empowerment and leadership.

The campaign features Beyonce, Jennifer Garner, former U.S Secretary Condoleezza Rice, style icon Diane Von Furstenberg and many more. The ladies want to end words like ‘bossy,’ ‘stubborn,’ and ‘pushy’ when associated with female leaders.

“Girls are less interested in leadership than boys,” Beyoncé says, and that’s because they worry about being called “bossy” while little boys who step up are called “leaders.”

To find out more about the campaign and how you can help, take the pledge to ‘ban bossy’ here.

Hopefully this won’t be too awkward for Kelis!

Agent: Panthers WR Smith done in Carolina

 

Steve Smith

 

 

The agent for wide receiver Steve Smith says the five-time Pro Bowl selection has played his final snap for the Carolina Panthers.

Smith’s longtime representative Derrick Fox told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Smith “is not going to play for the Panthers next year, I know that. I just don’t know when that transaction is going to take place.”

Fox said the Panthers have been trying to trade Smith, but expects he will ultimately be released.

He said the Panthers have not asked Smith to restructure his current contract which calls for him to make $7 million under this year’s salary cap.

Regardless of whether the Panthers cut Smith or keep him, the club will have to pay him $3 million this season as part of the three-year contract extension he signed in 2012.

Smith’s current contract runs through 2016.

Fox said Smith, a 13-year NFL veteran, would have preferred to finish his career with Carolina, the team that drafted him in the third round in 2001.

Fox said the 34-year-old Smith was “disappointed and surprised” when Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman talked about the receiver’s future in uncertain terms at the NFL Scouting Combines last month.

“Where we are disappointed is the fact he signed an extension to stay loyal to the club and complete his career as a Panther,” Fox said. “That is why we did the long-term team deal. Now we are at a crossroads where the Panthers don’t want him anymore.”

Gettleman did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Shortly after the Scouting Combine, Smith met with Gettleman at Panthers headquarters, but Fox said the receiver left without a clear, defined role in terms of his future with the team.

Fox said Smith diligently rehabbed an injured knee leading up to the team’s divisional play game against the San Francisco 49ers with loyalty to the team in mind, thinking his long-term future was in Carolina.

Smith had four catches for 74 yards and a touchdown in Carolina’s 23-10 loss.

“He spent 12 hours a day working with (trainer) Ryan Vermillion to get ready for that game,” Fox said. “His goal has always been to stay a Panther.”

Smith is Carolina’s all-time leading receiver with 836 receptions for 12,197 yards and 67 touchdowns receiving. Smith is 19th all-time in NFL history in yards receiving and 25th in receptions.

Smith had 64 receptions for 746 yards and four touchdowns last season helping the Panthers go 12-4 in the regular season and capture the NFC South championship.

Fox said Smith plans to continue his playing career in the NFL when the Panthers cut ties.

“At 34, they could have kept him and run him in the slot,” Fox said. “Steve wants to play in the slot. But he can’t play the slot with the current roster, and he hasn’t been able to play in the slot with the rosters in the past.”

Fox said he’s not sure why the Panthers haven’t released Smith. He said he will be ready when that time arrives.

“It’s my responsibility to find the best place for him to utilize his skills and passion for the game,” Fox said.

If the Panthers release Smith he will count $5 million under this year’s cap. The Panthers could designate him for a June 1 release which would allow them to split that money over the next two seasons.

NOTES: Panthers restricted free agent cornerback James Dockery announced on Twitter he has re-signed with the team. “Blessed! Can’t be happier to be signing back with the @Panthers can’t wait to get back with our team,” Dockery said. The team has yet to announce the move.

AP Writer: Steve Reed

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑